Look after your Mental Health
There are many things you can do to look after your mental well being on a daily basis.
Give a BOOST to:
- Expressing your feelings (including anger) safely and considerately
- Aiming for achievable goals
- Making time for the things you enjoy
- Healthy eating
- Doing a sport or exercise you enjoy regularly
- Working at things you find rewarding
- Watching your alcohol and/or drug intake
- Having a balance between work and play, sleep and awake time, rest and exercise
- Spending time with friends, family and/or other people you care about
- Having time to yourself
- Knowing your strengths and weaknesses
Staying connected with friends and family
Give the BOOT to:
- Too much sleep, or not enough
- Expecting too much of yourself and/or others
- Focusing on the negative - your attitude is more powerful than you think!
- Too much stress
You will find plenty of information about mental health at www.reachout.com, where you can also chat to other people about the issues that interest you.